T: +44 (0)1434 381200
Quality, Friendly & Trusted Coach Transportation
Central Garage Nenthead Alston Cumbria CA9 3NP
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR HIRE
The reservation is accepted by Wright Bro's Coaches, herein referred to as "The Company", under the following conditions of hire. Acceptance of a quotation/invoice by hirer, herein referred to as The Hirer, is deemed to be acceptance of the terms and conditions contained within.
1. The Company does not guarantee to complete any journey in any given time and will not be accountable for any loss or inconvenience which may arise from the delay or detention of any vehicle arising from any cause whatsoever.
2. Should a vehicle be detained by The Hirer or be taken on a longer journey than contracted for, The Company reserves the right to make an additional charge.
3. The Company reserves the right to sub-
4. The route used, unless The Hirer has advised of a particular route or places to be passed on route, will be specified on the confirmation letter and will be at the discretion of The Company and/or the driver.
5. The Company reserves the right to supply a larger seater capacity vehicle or a higher grade vehicle than that reserved. However the cost will remain as originally agreed unless The Hirer uses the extra seating or higher grade facilities, when a supplement will be charged.
6. In the event of riots, civil commotion’s, strikes, lockouts, stoppage or restraint of labour from whatsoever cause or the happening of any event over which The Company has no control, The Company reserves the right to cancel any order which in the opinion of The Company thereby becomes impossible of performance and to refund to The Hirer any deposit paid in full settlement of all claims of The Hirer in respect of such cancellations.
7. Unless stated it should not be assumed that any vehicle will remain at the destination until the time for the return journey.
8. Any distances or travel times expressed by The Company assume the most direct route and normal road and weather conditions. No liability can be accepted by The Company for any unforeseen circumstances that alter route or journey times.
9. Outside contractors supplying goods/services over and above coach hire. All arrangements for hotel accommodation, meals, theatre tickets, boat journey or any other item/service are made by The Company as agents for or on behalf of The Hirer, on the express condition that The Company shall not be responsible for any loss, damage, delay or inconvenience caused to passengers as a result of any arrangements. These arrangements are also made under the conditions of supply by the supplier.
10. The Company reserves the right to supply alternative ancillary facilities reserved provided they are of equal value.
11. No admission charges or anything other than coach hire costs are included in the price unless otherwise stated in writing.
12. CANCELLATION: Should The Hirer wish to cancel prior or during the coach hire arrangement, the following scales of charges shall apply:-
PERIOD OF NOTlCE AMOUNT DUE
7 Days or more 25% or deposit, whichever greater.
3 to 6days 50% of fee.
1 to 2 days 75% of fee.
Day of hire 100% of fee.
Cancellation charges will be levied according to scales in operation by the company supplying the services. Cancellation due to inclement weather conditions by The Hirer wilt be chargeable at the normal scale of cancellation fees.
13. The Company will not accept any liability for the loss or damage to any property entering or leaving a coach whilst in motion.
14. The Company shall not be liable to The Hirer or any other person for damage or loss suffered by them in their trade, business or profession in consequence of the death of or personal injury to any person with whom The Hirer or such person has a contract of employment or a contract of services, whether such death or personal injury be caused by negligence, misconduct or default of The Company or their servants or agents or otherwise.
15. Personal property is covered by contingency to a limit of £250.00 per person with the exception of negligence by passengers.
Any other goods in transit are the responsibility of The Hirer.
16. The Company will not be responsible for any damage to or loss of personal property left in the vehicle’s passenger areas or baggage compartments.
17. Trailers: Equipment carried in any trailer hired is to be insured by The Hirer and is not the responsibility of The Company. Trailers are to carry a maximum of 1 ton of equipment and any overloading will not be the responsibility of The Company.
18. Drivers workinq/rest period hours regulations: The Hirer undertakes to abide by all statutory requirements and regulations which may in any way affect the journey in question and especially the regulations in respect of drivers hours. Drivers are familiar with these regulations and whilst they will conform to the reasonable requests of passengers (as to the reasonableness of which the driver alone shall be the judge) they will as far as circumstances permit, depart from the destination or from intermediate stopping places at the times agreed beforehand (or specified by the driver) and to ensure compliance with the regulations will on no account wait for members of the party who have failed to join the vehicle at the time so appointed. The Company will accept no responsibility for inconvenience or damage arising from the failure to convey any such member of the party.
19. Under regulations made by the Ministry of the Environment, no passengers in excess of the seating capacity of the vehicle may be carried. A child counts as a passenger.
20. The terms of settlement in respect of the coach hire are strictly balanced prior to date of the hiring unless otherwise agreed in writing. A confirmation letter will detail the precise date if different Any overdue amounts after the agreed settlement dates are surcharged at 3.5% per month overdue.
21. The terms of settlement in arrangements which The Hirer has requested over the above normal coach hire will be by advance agreement.
22. It is against maritime law for any passenger to remain in any vehicle on all ferry crossings within the EU. It is the responsibility of the hirer or their representative to inform each person traveling on a Wright Bro's Coaches bus that they must exit the vehicle upon or before boarding.
23. As from July 1st 2007. it will be against the law to smoke anywhere on the hired vehicles. Any fines incurred by The Company due to the neglect of this legislation by The Hirer will be charged to The Hirer.
24. All terms and conditions are under the English Law.
25. The Company reserves the right to add a fuel surcharge to the final invoice subject to potential fuel price increases between date of quote and start date of the tour..
26. As from July 7th 2008 the Company reserves the right to add an LEZ surcharge for any period when a vehicle is in the London LEZ zone.
27. All bookings by The Hirer are accepted by the Company subject to the forgoing conditions.